ALL ABSTRACTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BY TUESDAY, 22 NOVEMBER 2011. FACSIMILE TRANSMITTED ABSTRACTS OR ABSTRACTS SENT BY E-MAIL OR BY POSTAL MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
This deadline will be strictly enforced. It will not be possible to submit abstracts after 22 November 2011. The language for all abstracts is English. Every abstract must be between 100 and 200 words, whether invited or contributed. ABSTRACTS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THESE LIMITS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE SYSTEM.
Each abstract is associated with a « corresponding author » who is not required to be the first author. The corresponding author MUST REGISTER before submitting any abstract.
When registered, the corresponding author will create an ACOUSTICS 2012 HONG KONG registration account online. Using the author’s email address as login identifier, the corresponding author can submit one abstract (or a maximum of three abstracts after paying an extra fee for each additional abstract; hard limit of two for students).
Corresponding authors submitting abstracts will receive an email acknowledgment.
While authors may indicate a preference for presentation style, it may not always be possible to honor the request. Authors should be prepared to accept assignment of their abstracts to either lecture or poster presentation. Authors contributing papers in Speech Communication are encouraged to select poster presentation.
Authors must indicate compliance with the Ethical Principles of the Acoustical Society of America for Research Involving Human and Animal Subjects in Research and Publishing and Presentations
Steps for submitting abstracts are in the following:-
- Visit the Registration Website.
- The registrant has to provide the following items to set up and ACOUSTICS 2012 HONG KONG registration account :
- Email address (it is the login ID for an ACOUSTICS 2012 HONG KONG registration account)
- Password (6 to 20 alphanumeric characters);
- Title, First Name, Last Name, Organization, Department, Country and Address
- When you complete the above in Step 2, your ACOUSTICS 2012 HONG KONG account is set up. You will be directed to the registration page including Registration for the Conference, Abstract Submission, Paper upload, Hotel Accommodation, Accompany Person Tours, Payment, etc
- Before submitting the abstract, please pay the registration fee by clicking the PAYMENT button and follow the instruction to make the payment. To proceed for Abstract Submission, click the "New/Additional Application" button in the "Abstract Submission" field, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Required items: List of author names, Preference for oral or poster presentation, Preference for Technical Program and corresponding special sessions; please refer the list in Technical Program and Special Sessions. It is recommended that the paper be submitted for one of the Structured Sessions. If the paper is not intended for any of the Structured Sessions, please select a preferred topic from the Technical program; Abstract title (20 words or less); Abstract text (100-200 words; figures and tables are unacceptable); Identification as an Invited Paper or a Contributed Paper; Confirmation of compliance with the Ethical Principles;
- Corresponding author submitting abstract will receive an email acknowledgment. Please follow the instruction in the email by clicking a link to add the submitted abstract into your ACOUSTICS 2012 HONG KONG account.
- The number of the authors is restricted no more than 20. If the list of authors needs more than the specified restrictions, please contact the Conference Secretariat for guidance.
- After submitting an abstract, authors can update their abstract title and text before the deadline for abstract submission 22 November 2011.
LIMITATION ON THE NUMBER OF ABSTRACTS
Due to the size of the event, and to the emphasis on students’ participation, each corresponding author may submit a maximum of three abstracts (corresponding authors who registered as students are limited to a maximum submission of two abstracts). [Note: A corresponding author is the author who submits the abstract and receives all correspondence related to the abstract.]
The registration fee paid by the corresponding author covers only his/her first abstract. Corresponding authors (including students) who wish to submit additional abstracts must pay a fee of USD $200 for each additional abstract.
Payment of the additional fee applies only to the corresponding author of each paper. You may be a coauthor (and not a corresponding author) on as many abstracts as desired without your payment of the additional fees.