Notes to Oral Presenters
Please double check your presentation time and room listed in the program book which will be distributed upon your registration in case of last minute changes.
Each session will be facilitated by Session Chair(s). You are required to arrive at the presentation room 15 minutes prior to the starting time of each session and be seated at the first row.
A. GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTERS
Length of presentation: a maximum of 20 minutes will be allocated to your time slot, including 15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A and changing over. This requirement will be strictly enforced. Presentation language: in English
B. PRESENTATION FILE
The conference can only accept MS Powerpoint for presentation, and you may use visual aids. Please bring the presentation file by hand in CD-ROM or USB Memory stick to the Slide Preview Room AT LEAST HALF DAY (or FOUR HOURS) before your presentation.
Please name the file of your PowerPoint presentation as “Room _Paper No._Surname” (e.g. S223_ 1aBA1_Chan).
Notes to Poster Presenters
Please double check your presentation time and room listed in the program book which will be distributed upon your registration in case of last minutes changes.
Poster Set up and Dismantle Schedule:
Set up time: One hour before your presentation time
Dismantle time: within 15 minutes after your presentation time
Please display the paper no. (e.g. 1aAAa1) at the top left hand corner of the poster and set up and dismantle the poster according to the schedule.
Authors must prepare all posters beforehand in a form enabling easy mounting. The author should mount all posters during the allocated time. Please note that staples cannot be used in mounting the posters onto the panel. Materials for mounting the exhibits will be provided. A system panel of 1m (width) x 2.5m (height) will be provided for each display. The paper number should be displayed at the top left-hand corner of your poster. Please note that the poster itself should not exceed 1m (width) x 1.5m (height).
Poster Layout and Content
- Title displayed in block capital of minimum size 25mm at the top of the poster. The title should also display the names of the author(s) and the institution(s) of origin.
- The assigned paper code (e.g. 1aAAa1) should be displayed at the top left hand corner.
- Remaining contents may be displayed in columns, usually three columns.
- Contents should contain the study purpose, methods, results and conclusion(s).
- Poster should be typed in clear bold print that can be easily read from distances over one (1) meter.
- Illustrations should be professionally drawn (hand drawn material will not be accepted).
- All contents should be simple, that is, “minimizing detail maximizes information transfer”.
All displays have to be removed by the above time. Any remaining posters will be disposed of by Conference staff.